Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What a crock!

Today, I used our crockpot for the first time this season (beef stew). Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm a big fan of the crockpot. It's so easy to use that even virtually inexperienced cooks can make it seem like they've slaved over a stove for hours. It's budget friendly in terms of cost and it often can be stretched out to 2 meals.

We have a couple of crockpot recipe cookbooks we occasionally peruse so Mr. Potato Head and I sometimes alternate picking out recipes we want to try. It's rather ironic, however, that the authors' last names are "Good" and "Ranck" so seeing those names together on the covers makes for a rather amusing thought.

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe about their names!! I made a crock pot full of pumpkin black bean chili from Taste Of Home yesterday. It was delish!

    ReplyDelete